A fashion show held by clothing retailer M&Co’s Beverley store has raised £334 for Yorkshire Cancer Research.
The event featured volunteer models who showcased new arrivals for the Spring/Summer 2017 season.
Natalie Ledger, Store Manager, said: “We love to help local charities at M&Co and we were all thrilled with the amount raised. A great night was had by all, and we look forward to doing it again.”
Adrienne Hodgson, East Yorkshire Regional Fundraiser at Yorkshire Cancer Research, said: “We’d like to thank everybody involved in ensuring the fashion show was a great success. The money raised will help more people in Yorkshire survive cancer by raising awareness, promoting the national cancer screening programmes and supporting innovative research projects, from diagnosis to end of life care.”
For more information about fundraising for Yorkshire Cancer Research, please visit www.ycr.org.uk/teamyorkshire.
Picture caption: The M&Co Beverley store has raised £334 for Yorkshire Cancer Research by holding a fashion show. Credit: Russ Kemp Photography.
Notes to Editors
- Harrogate-based Yorkshire Cancer Research was founded in 1925 and is the largest independent regional cancer charity in England (Registered Charity 516898). We are not part of a national charity.
- We are committed to reducing the devastating impact of cancer on the lives of people living in Yorkshire.
- Our mission is to work in partnership, fund research and support initiatives that will help people in Yorkshire avoid, survive and cope with cancer.
- Current statistics show that 565 people are diagnosed with cancer in Yorkshire every week. Incidence and mortality rates are higher than the England average due to social deprivation, post-industrialisation and lifestyle choices but also availability of healthcare services and difficulties accessing early diagnostics, clinical trials and the latest treatments.
- We aim to:
- Be the leading authority on cancer in Yorkshire, understanding the problems and priorities in the region and sharing knowledge with partners.
- Raise awareness of cancer and how to prevent it by working in local communities, schools and colleges, sports clubs and with other health-related organisations.
- Promote screening programmes and fund research that can improve the diagnosis of cancer so we can detect and treat it at the earliest opportunity.
- Invest in innovative research projects at every stage of a cancer patient’s journey.
- Campaign for fair and equal access to the very best healthcare services and a greater share of the money spent nationally on research.
- For further information, please visit www.yorkshirecancerresearch.org.uk or follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Nikki Brady, Senior PR Officer – Yorkshire Cancer Research
- Tel: 01423 877 228
- Last updated: 04/04/2017
- View more in: News