Leading furniture department store Redbrick has chosen Yorkshire Cancer Research as its official charity partner.
The Yorkshire based retail destination, which boasts 40 of the most innovative and essential names in interiors, has joined forces with the charity to help improve cancer outcomes in the region.
Managing Director of Redbrick, Alastair Bailey says, “Charitable partnerships are extremely important to Redbrick. Yorkshire Cancer Research is a great collaboration for us in terms of locality and their core values. We are extremely pleased to be supporting them”
To launch the partnership, Redbrick will be holding a charity weekend on 22nd/23rd July.
Throughout the weekend Redbrick and their concessions will donate a percentage of every single sale. Redbrick staff will be taking part in a two day long static bike challenge and some of the Yorkshire Cancer Research team will be in the Redbrick store with information to help the charity achieve its goal of ensuring that by 2025, at least 2,000 more people in the region survive cancer.
Customers, staff, partners of the charity and the local community are all encouraged to come to Redbrick and be involved in raising the much needed funds.
There will also be prize draws, competitions and much more!
Notes to Editors
- Harrogate-based Yorkshire Cancer Research was founded in 1925 and is the largest independent regional cancer charity in England (Registered Charity 516898). We are not part of a national charity.
- We are committed to reducing the devastating impact of cancer on the lives of people living in Yorkshire.
- Our mission is to work in partnership, fund research and support initiatives that will help people in Yorkshire avoid, survive and cope with cancer.
- Current statistics show that 565 people are diagnosed with cancer in Yorkshire every week. Incidence and mortality rates are higher than the England average due to social deprivation, post-industrialisation and lifestyle choices but also availability of healthcare services and difficulties accessing early diagnostics, clinical trials and the latest treatments.
- We aim to:
- Be the leading authority on cancer in Yorkshire, understanding the problems and priorities in the region and sharing knowledge with partners.
- Raise awareness of cancer and how to prevent it by working in local communities, schools and colleges, sports clubs and with other health-related organisations.
- Promote screening programmes and fund research that can improve the diagnosis of cancer so we can detect and treat it at the earliest opportunity.
- Invest in innovative research projects at every stage of a cancer patient’s journey.
- Campaign for fair and equal access to the very best healthcare services and a greater share of the money spent nationally on research.
- For further information, please visit www.yorkshirecancerresearch.org.uk or follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
Redbrick is the North’s leading destination for furniture and home accessories. The Telegraph recently featured Redbrick in its Top 50 interiors stores and described it as ‘The best all round interiors destination outside London’. Redbrick’s comprehensive list of brands includes Heal’s, MADE.COM, hülsta, Calligaris, BoConcept, Sofas & Stuff and Kelly Hoppen.
- Last updated: 17/07/2017
- View more in: News