We’ve been here in Yorkshire for the last 90 years, generating support and investing the generous donations we receive in the fight against cancer.
Tens of thousands of Yorkshire men and women support us each year. In the financial year 2013 – 2014 our supporters donated a total of £5.1 million. Most of this money was from people leaving us a gift in their will. A staggering £3 million was donated in this way and our incredibly dedicated voluntary committees raised £538,000.
The below chart provides a full break down of our income for 2013-2014.
We strive to get the best possible value from every penny raised and spend as much as possible in research. In the last couple of years we’ve been using reserves to maintain our research spend. During the financial year 2013-2014 we invested a total of £4 million on research with the remaining monies being spent on fundraising, support and governance. The below chart shows how our spend breaks down.
In the last 10 years we have invested £48.4m in research in to the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer.
You can view more detail in our report and accounts.
Previous Annual Reports and Accounts:
- Yorkshire Cancer Research Accounts – 2015-2016
- Yorkshire Cancer Research Accounts – 2014-2015
- Yorkshire Cancer Research Accounts – 2013-2014
- Yorkshire Cancer Research Accounts – 2012-2013
- Yorkshire Cancer Research Accounts – 2011-2012
- Yorkshire Cancer Research Accounts – 2010-2011
- Yorkshire Cancer Research Accounts – 2009-2010