The following terms and conditions apply to all competitions featured in Yorkshire Cancer Research’s publications and included online at:
They should be read alongside and are in addition to specific terms such as closing dates which may be mentioned in promotion of the competition via the channels mentioned above. If there is any inconsistency between these general terms and conditions and any specific information given via these channels, the specific information will prevail.
If you do not agree to any terms and conditions stated here or in specific terms given, then you should not take part in the competition.
- Yorkshire Cancer Research competitions are open to residents of the United Kingdom and the Channel Islands aged 18 years or over at the time of entering the competition, unless specified otherwise. The competition winner must provide a UK or Channel Islands address for delivery of the prize, and prizes will not be delivered outside the UK or Channel Islands.
- Employees and members of their immediate families (including any live-in partner) of Yorkshire Cancer Research or agencies associated with the competition, including the provider of the prize or any person connected with the administration of the competition/prize, are ineligible to enter. Any such entries are invalid.
- Yorkshire Cancer Research reserves the right in its sole discretion to ask for evidence to verify the age, identity and/or eligibility of an entrant at any time, and to use any channels and methods available to carry out checks of any details provided. Yorkshire Cancer Research may withhold delivery of the prize until it has received such evidence and failure to provide such evidence may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- The opening and closing date of the competition are as indicated in the publication or on the website involved. Any entries received after this time will be discounted.
- In order to enter the competition, entrants must answer the question correctly and provide the information requested.
- Entrants should not expect to receive an email confirmation of their entry.
- In the event of any fault, misunderstanding or dispute concerning the correctness or acceptability of any answers given, or any part of the competition or email system, the decision of Yorkshire Cancer Research is final.
- The prize is as specified in the publication or website, and only one prize per person is permissible.
- The prize is subject to availability and winner confirmation – i.e. Yorkshire Cancer Research has been able to contact the winner. The prize is also subject to the terms and conditions of the prize provider.
- Where the prize relates to travel and/or accommodation, the prize will be subject to availability and certain dates may be excluded when the winner may not take up the prize. When the prize necessitates travel and/or attending an event on a specific date, the winner must be available on the dates specified by Yorkshire Cancer Research. Yorkshire Cancer Research also reserves the right to determine a final date by which the prize must be taken.
- The prize excludes all other costs and arrangements not expressly included in the prize.
- No cash equivalent or alternative prize will be given at the request of the winner and the prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. However, Yorkshire Cancer Research reserves the right to change the prize due to circumstances beyond its control. If for any reason the winner chooses not to take up the prize or any part of the prize, Yorkshire Cancer Research reserves the right to ask the winner to confirm this in writing and will then be able to retain or dispose of the prize at its own discretion.
- Yorkshire Cancer Research will endeavour to deliver the prize to the winner within 28 days from the date of winner confirmation unless stated otherwise in the publication/website. If the prize is time critical Yorkshire Cancer Research will endeavour to deliver the prize as soon as reasonably practicable. Yorkshire Cancer Research will not be liable where a prize has been lost or stolen following delivery and such prize will not be replaced.
- The prize winner will be randomly selected from all correct entries, and will be contacted as soon as practicable on or after the draw date. Yorkshire Cancer Research’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Yorkshire Cancer Research shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
- One entry per person per entry source. Late, incomplete or illegible entries will not be accepted.
- By entering the competition you agree that your details including your email address/address may be used to keep you informed about Yorkshire Cancer Research promotions and news. Yorkshire Cancer Research complies with the standard procedures laid down in the UK Data Protection Act to ensure that the personal information you give us is kept secure and processed fairly and lawfully.
- All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other photographic competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
- Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of their providing the Competition, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to Yorkshire Cancer Research to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition.
Your privacy is important to us. Yorkshire Cancer Research will process your data in relation to its activities as a cancer research fundraising charity. We may, in future, contact you with newsletters, appeals and information about events and offers. If you would like us to stop processing your data, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your details. We do not sell supporter data to other organisations. By providing your contact details (e.g. address, telephone number, mobile phone number, email address) you consent to Yorkshire Cancer Research contacting you by those methods unless otherwise stated.