Yorkshire Cancer Research exists to help the people of Yorkshire avoid, survive and cope with cancer by funding world-class research into its causes, diagnosis, and treatment. The people who work for Yorkshire Cancer Research help make this happen. Working for Yorkshire Cancer Research can be rewarding and fulfilling.
Please visit this page regularly as we are entering a very exciting period where various new positions are likely to appear!
Head of Marketing
We are looking for an energetic senior marketing leader who wants a role where they can use their broad marketing experience and well-developed leadership skills.
About the role
You will be the lead on the Charity’s marketing activity. You will develop the strategic plan, identifying and leading priority initiatives, including new proposition development and donor acquisition/retention campaigns.
You will be skilled in working collaboratively with research/customer insight teams and with communications, PR and digital teams to ensure your propositions and campaigns meet your high expectations and achieve customer objectives.
Responsibilities are diverse and there will be a large degree of you ‘shaping the role’. However you will definitely;
- Work with senior colleagues to create a full marketing strategy
- Set the marketing plan
- Set up, develop and lead a new team to deliver your strategy
- Financial planning & budget management
- Lead projects comprising representatives from across the organisation
- Develop and launch new propositions which meet target audience needs
- Guard the brand and build brand awareness across Yorkshire
You’re likely to be right for this role if you have;
- An education to degree level or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience of creating and implementing marketing strategies for service-led organisations
- A thorough understanding and practical experience of leading, motivating and developing teams
- A forward thinking, creative and ‘can do’ attitude
- A desire to work for a charity that makes a genuine, positive difference to people’s lives right across Yorkshire.
To apply, please send your CV (no more than two sides of A4 please) and a covering letter highlighting why you are right for this position.
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 29 September 2017
Professional Internships for PhD Students (PIPS)
We are a provider of the PIPS scheme and welcome applications from PhD students who require a placement with us. A PIPS placement with Yorkshire Cancer Research enables PhD students to work for the UK’s largest regional medical research charity and gain an insight into the challenges and procedures that it faces. Whether your interest lies within science administration, funding or communication we would love to hear from you. For further information please email our Head of Research and Innovation Kathryn Scott at Kathryn@ycr.org.uk