The event will be taking place at the regionally renowned Magna Science Centre, once part of Yorkshire’s industrial heritage and now a centre for science and education.
Magna is located in the heart of South Yorkshire, just five minutes from the M1 Junction 33/34 and Meadowhall Shopping Centre with its regional rail and bus network.
Magna Way, Rotherham, S60 1FD
How to get there
- If you are travelling using a sat nav then the postcode S60 1FD will bring you on to Magna Way, after which Magna is the big, black building straight ahead.
- From the M1 take Junction 33 if you are travelling from the south and Junction 34 if you are travelling from the north. Magna is about one mile from Meadowhall Shopping Centre and clearly signposted on brown signs.
- Ample free parking including disabled bays are available for all.
- The new X1 Steel Link service drops visitors right outside Magna, up to every 10 mins. Travelling from Sheffield City Centre, you can catch the X1 Steel Link from bus stops on Eyre Street (ES3), Castle Street (CG22) and Arundel Gate (CS3). From areas around Sheffield, travel on your local bus to the city centre and then jump on the X1 Steel Link at your most convenient stop.
- The X1 Steel Link travels from Maltby through Rotherham, picking up at the Interchange stand B4, and on to Magna.
- The most convenient train station to use is Meadowhall; from here you can catch our shuttle bus service to Magna (see details below)
We will be running two shuttle bus services for all attendees, one will be leaving from Meadowhall Interchange bus stand B1 and the other from Rotherham Interchange bus stand B8.
- The buses will leave Meadowhall and Rotherham Interchange every half an hour from 9.00am until 10.30am, and will leave from Magna every half an hour from 3.15pm until 4.45pm.
- This is a direct bus and there will be no other stops.
If you would like to use our shuttle service please register your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.