Life with Cancer 2017
Did you know there are around 190,000 people in Yorkshire living with or beyond a diagnosis of cancer? This number is set to grow in the coming years leaving even more people in our region to cope post-diagnosis.
This free event hosted by Yorkshire Cancer Research is a day for people across Yorkshire affected by cancer.
Patients, their carers and supporters are invited to join us for a day of advice and information to help you live better with and beyond cancer.
The programme includes:
- The chance to find out about local support groups and support services across Yorkshire.
- Short talks from cancer experts including researchers, healthcare professionals and those delivering cancer services.
- A chance to ask questions to the experts.
- Sharing experiences in discussions of issues that affect cancer patients, their carers and supporters.
- Participation in practical sessions to aid your wellbeing – giving you skills to use in the future.
Registration has now closed.
Photography and Videography
Please note that photographs and video may be taken of you and others during the event and these may be used to publicise future events and the work of YCR generally. As an indication, we or our partners or contractors may include such images in advertising, marketing, newsletters, general events and communications.
If you are a charity, not for profit or commercial organisation and think you have information worth sharing with people affected by cancer then please contact email@example.com if you are interested in exhibiting at this event.
We’ve been talking to Stray FM’s Health and Wellbeing Show to let you know a little bit more about Life with Cancer and the issues that will be covered on the day.
Listen to the interviews below to find out more.