Supplier of refined and speciality oils for the global food and personal care markets, Kerfoot Group has announced a charity partnership with Yorkshire Cancer Research as part of its commitment to workplace health and wellbeing.
The company, which employs over 130 people at sites in Northallerton and Goole in Yorkshire, will work with Yorkshire Cancer Research to improve overall wellbeing in the workplace and help the charity achieve its vision that one day everyone across Yorkshire will have the very best chance of living a long and healthy life.
Sarah Bradley, Chief Executive, Kerfoot Group, said: “Kerfoot Group is proud to be a Yorkshire Cancer Research charitable partner. It is a key pillar of our corporate social responsibility strategy and will help create a cancer aware workforce who can share their knowledge with family, friends and in the local community.
Kerfoot Chief Executive, Sarah Bradley, with Yorkshire Cancer Research's Research Engagement Manager, Andy Wilson.
“Unfortunately, one in two Yorkshire people can expect to be diagnosed with cancer during their lifetime. As a Yorkshire company, we have a responsibility to support our employees to promote a healthier lifestyle and in turn present an opportunity for our staff to support a very worthwhile local charity, which is close to our hearts, following the sad loss of a colleague in 2018.”
Kerfoot Group will dedicate its overall annual fundraising efforts to the charity and has a number of events being planned this year involving employees their families and friends, starting with the Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge in June.
Juliet Glendinning, Director of Brand and Relationships at Yorkshire Cancer Research, said: “We’re thrilled to be working with Kerfoot in 2019. Its approach to enhanced employee engagement surrounding health and safety aligns perfectly with our goal for at least 2,000 more people in our region to survive cancer every year by 2025.
“Through the partnership, Yorkshire Cancer Research aims to contribute to Kerfoot’s Health & Safety agenda by influencing lifestyle decisions and enhancing cancer awareness through employee engagement activity and materials as well as encouraging employee teamwork through fundraising ideas and event participation.”
Kerfoot will be officially launching the partnership at headquarters in Northallerton and Goole on 16th & 17th May, respectively.
Every week, 583 people in Yorkshire are diagnosed with cancer1. People living in the county are also more likely to get cancer, and die from it, than people living in most other counties in England.
To find out more about Yorkshire Cancer Research, please visit www.yorkshirecancerresearch.org.uk. To support the Kerfoot team with their first fundraising effort, please visit Just Giving https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/kerfooty3p.
Nikki Brady, Senior PR Officer, Yorkshire Cancer Research. Tel: 01423 877228. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors
- Harrogate-based Yorkshire Cancer Research was founded in 1925 and is the largest independent regional cancer charity in England (Registered Charity 516898). We are not part of a national charity.
- We are committed to reducing the devastating impact of cancer on the lives of people living in Yorkshire.
- Our mission is to work in partnership, fund research and support initiatives that will help people in Yorkshire avoid, survive and cope with cancer.
- Current statistics show that 583 people are diagnosed with cancer in Yorkshire every week. Incidence and mortality rates are higher than the England average due to social deprivation, post-industrialisation and lifestyle choices but also availability of healthcare services and difficulties accessing early diagnostics, clinical trials and the latest treatments.
- We aim to:
- Be the leading authority on cancer in Yorkshire, understanding the problems and priorities in the region and sharing knowledge with partners.
- Raise awareness of cancer and how to prevent it by working in local communities, schools and colleges, sports clubs and with other health-related organisations.
- Promote screening programmes and fund research that can improve the diagnosis of cancer so we can detect and treat it at the earliest opportunity.
- Invest in innovative research projects at every stage of a cancer patient's journey.
- For further information, please visit www.yorkshirecancerresearch.org.uk or follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
Established in 1980, Kerfoot, an Avril Group company, is a global supplier of bulk and packed, refined and speciality oils. With a portfolio of over 500 products, Kerfoot is a leading supply partner to brands, manufacturers and distributors in the food and personal care markets.
Kerfoot has over 130 employees operating from its headquarters in Northallerton, and 3 sites in Goole, Yorkshire, UK. Kerfoot corporate values of Respect, Boldness and Performance ensure customer focus and supply chain flexibility are foremost in Kerfoot’s business ethos.
For a complete overview of the Kerfoot product range and company, please visit www.kerfootgroup.co.uk.