Supplier of refined and speciality oils for the global food and personal care markets, Kerfoot Group has announced it will tackle the Yorkshire Three Peaks climb to raise money for Yorkshire Cancer Research.
Kerfoot employees will be trekking a route of 24 miles (38.6km) including 1585m (5200ft) of ascent in under 12 hours on the 8th June. They are aiming to raise £5,000 for the charity by conquering the peaks of Pen-y-ghent, Whernside and Ingleborough in the Yorkshire Dales.
One of the famous Yorkshire Three Peaks, Pen-Y-Ghent
Sarah Stokes, HR Director, Kerfoot Group, said: “Valuing people is at the heart of what we do at Kerfoot. By completing fundraising events such as the Three Peaks Challenge we hope to encourage healthy behaviour at work and beyond. Yorkshire Cancer Research is a wonderful charity with close ties to Kerfoot following the sad loss of a colleague at the end of 2018.
“The team is hard at work training and excited to come together to brave the peaks. We’re proud to know our efforts will support an organisation which has the health and wellbeing of our local community at its heart.”
Yorkshire Cancer Reseach helps people in Yorkshire avoid, survive and cope with cancer. The charity is dedicated to investing £100m in vital research and services to improve the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer in the region. The charity’s goal is that by 2025, at least 2,000 more people in Yorkshire survive cancer each year.
Juliet Glendinning, Commercial Director at Yorkshire Cancer Research, said: “We’re delighted Kerfoot has chosen to support the charity during 2019. As well as creating opportunities for staff to take part in fundraising challenges like the Yorkshire Three Peaks, the partnership will contribute to Kerfoot’s health, safety and wellbeing agenda by influencing healthy lifestyle decisions and improving cancer awareness. We’re very much looking forward to working with the Kerfoot team during the coming months.”
To support the Kerfoot team by donating to the charity, please visit their Just Giving page: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/kerfooty3p
Nikki Brady, Senior PR Officer, Yorkshire Cancer Research. Tel: 01423 877228. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors
- Harrogate-based Yorkshire Cancer Research was founded in 1925 and is the largest independent regional cancer charity in England (Registered Charity 516898). We are not part of a national charity.
- We are committed to reducing the devastating impact of cancer on the lives of people living in Yorkshire.
- Our mission is to work in partnership, fund research and support initiatives that will help people in Yorkshire avoid, survive and cope with cancer.
- Current statistics show that 583 people are diagnosed with cancer in Yorkshire every week. Incidence and mortality rates are higher than the England average due to social deprivation, post-industrialisation and lifestyle choices but also availability of healthcare services and difficulties accessing early diagnostics, clinical trials and the latest treatments.
- We aim to:
- Be the leading authority on cancer in Yorkshire, understanding the problems and priorities in the region and sharing knowledge with partners.
- Raise awareness of cancer and how to prevent it by working in local communities, schools and colleges, sports clubs and with other health-related organisations.
- Promote screening programmes and fund research that can improve the diagnosis of cancer so we can detect and treat it at the earliest opportunity.
- Invest in innovative research projects at every stage of a cancer patient's journey.
- For further information, please visit www.yorkshirecancerresearch.org.uk or follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
Established in 1980, Kerfoot, an Avril Group company, is a global supplier of bulk and packed, refined and speciality oils. With a portfolio of over 500 products, Kerfoot is a leading supply partner to brands, manufacturers and distributors in the food and personal care markets.
Kerfoot has over 130 employees operating from its headquarters in Northallerton, and 3 sites in Goole, Yorkshire, UK.
Kerfoot corporate values of Respect, Boldness and Performance ensure customer focus and supply chain flexibility are foremost in Kerfoot’s business ethos. For a complete overview of the Kerfoot product range and company, please visit www.kerfootgroup.co.uk