STAFF and customers at Harrogate’s Up and Running raised £354.76 for Yorkshire Cancer Research during a celebration of their newly refurbished store.
The shop, which recently underwent a bright and modern makeover, invited customers to run half a mile on their treadmill to raise money for the Harrogate-based charity, which helps the people of Yorkshire avoid, survive and cope with cancer by funding world-class research.
Customers were also able to pick up a running goody bag worth £27 with a purchase of shoes, and enter a free prize draw to win a complete set of winter running clothing worth £140.
Jonathan Walker and colleagues from Harrogate gym Gambaru Fitness, along with Charles Rowett, Chief Executive at Yorkshire Cancer Research, helped to collect donations during the day.
The new store features a state of the art gait analysis system and running machine and the latest running footwear, clothing and technology. Staff have also been refreshed on their gait analysis training.
Emma Coates, corporate partnerships manager at Yorkshire Cancer Research, said: “We’d like to say a huge thank you to all the staff and customers at Up and Running, as well as Jonathan and his team of helpers from Gambaru. The generosity of our supporters is vital in helping us fund more research projects for the benefit of Yorkshire’s cancer patients. We’re looking forward to working with Up and Running throughout 2014 as part of our ongoing partnership.”
Allison Griffiths, national promotions manager at Up and Running, said: “Up and Running is delighted to be supporting Yorkshire Cancer Research, and all their runners. We are keen to add value to their runners’ experience, through providing training programmes, training days and supporting them in their running and fundraising goals.”
For more information on corporate partnerships with Yorkshire Cancer Research, contact Emma by emailing email@example.com or calling 01423 877234.
(Picture caption: Darran Bilton, shop manager at Harrogate’s Up and Running, presents £354.76 to Emma Coates, corporate partnerships manager at Yorkshire Cancer Research).
Notes to Editors – Yorkshire Cancer Research
- Harrogate-based Yorkshire Cancer Research is the UK’s largest regional medical research charity (registered charity no. 516898)
- We exist to help the people of Yorkshire avoid, survive and cope with cancer by funding world-class research into its causes, diagnosis and treatment each year.
- We work in partnership with our 200 plus scientists and clinicians to develop expertise and talent within Yorkshire.
- Current statistics that show 249 people die every week from cancer in Yorkshire and that survival rates are below the national average. By funding research in Yorkshire, we are ensuring that people with cancer who live in the region have access to groundbreaking treatments, while also contributing to the global fight against the disease.
- For further information, please visit www.yorkshirecancerresearch.org.uk or follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
- Nikki Brady, Senior PR Officer – Yorkshire Cancer Research
- Tel: 01423 877228
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Last updated: 27/01/2014
- View more in: News