It’s time to wang your wellies! Join us as we attempt to set a new World Record this Yorkshire Day. Help more people give cancer the boot by joining in the biggest virtual welly wanging event on Saturday August 1st 2-3pm. All you need is a welly and a phone with a camera!Sign up
1. Join our event page. Let us know you are taking part by visiting our Facebook event page. Click ‘Going’, we can then keep you updated in the run up to the event.
2. Start sharing. Share our event page on your social media channels and please invite your friends – we need as many videos of people wanging their wellies as possible.
3. Wang your welly! To take part, all you’ll need to do is get a welly and your phone camera at the ready. Film yourself wanging your welly for Yorkshire. Everyone in your household can get involved by sending in their own videos, each counts as an entry.
4. Upload your video. There’s a tight time slot for entries to qualify for the world record attempt. All welly wanging videos MUST be uploaded to the event Facebook page between 2 and 3 pm on Saturday August 1st.
5. Make a donation. 594 people are diagnosed with cancer every week in Yorkshire. Help them to give cancer the boot for good by donating £5 for every welly you wang. Donate here.
Grab your boots and give what you can – donate or just join in. Come on Yorkshire, let’s give cancer the boot.
Dorothy was invited to take part in the Leeds Lung Health Check. She decided to go along to the mobile screening programme funded by Yorkshire Cancer Research for her own peace of mind.
The check includes a lung function test and a screening CT scan that can detect very early signs of lung disease.
Dorothy’s scan showed a suspected tumour and further tests led to a diagnosis of lung cancer. As Dorothy says, “The cancer was only tiny, about one centimetre I think”. Thanks to the scan, the tumour had been found at a very early stage and so only required minimal treatment.Read the full story